M.C. Escher Exhibit


I visited the Sejong Culture Center to see the M.C. Escher exhibit, located around the Jongro area, right in front of Gwanghwamun. The exhibit itself prohibited photography so I wasn't able to take any cool pictures of the legendary works by the genius himself. I had grown up never knowing about this artist until I got my hands on my first middle school math text book. The front cover was of one of M.C. Escher's drawing, and the book had a number of reference photos that were all of Escher's work. I had never been too keen on Escher's drawings, but after watching a documentary on Youtube, and then visiting the exhibit showed me a side of Escher that I had never bothered to learn about. He was quite a graphic artist, and it especially shows in his wood block prints. Unfortunately I don't have any reference photos so I'll have to scavenge the internet for some second hand rentals. 

Overall the exhibit was quite small, and the amount of work that was exhibited was not exemplary, but the quality of the prints were quite amazing. The level of detail and control that this artist has to offer is clearly defined through this exhibit, and his genius in terms of pattern making and perspective have been noted. 















The works that I have 'borrowed' from the net are all in reference to the works that had been available during the show. For a more detailed viewing I recommend wikipedia and google. 
Related image

Image result for mc escher


Related image


Related image

Image result for mc escher


Related image
Related image


Image result for mc escher


Related image



Image result for mc escher


Comments