Gundam Build Fighters Mech Designs

I've recently been visiting Crunchyroll.com quite often to take a look at the news. I'm not the biggest fan of the various anime that they have to offer but there are some articles that they post that grab my attention from time to time. If you are an anime lover or a fan of Japanese Otaku culture then this website will have plenty of information to offer you.

Now I want to get to the nitty gritty. There was a posting on this site and it was about a new gundam series called "Gundam Build Fighters". If you are not familiar with gundam I posted a picture below of the original gundam of the series. You can also click on the blue "gundam" links to see some youtube videos for reference.




'Gundam Build Fighters' seems to be a new series produced by the company 'Bandai'. There was a video that was circulating on you tube about young Gundam plastic model kit makers using their model kits to battle other model kit builders. You can watch the videos by clicking on this link "Gunpla Builders Beginning". "Gunpla" is a term used for plastic model kits that are used to build plastic gundam models. Many may think of them as toys but they are actually very intricate models that can be greatly altered when handled by a master. 


Here are some images that I downloaded from "Crunchy roll". There are a variety of customized Gundam's and I believe the hardcore fans would probably remember a bunch of them. 


I cannot read the katakana text on this image but from the general look of this design it feels like the stereotypical 'main characters machine' mech. It reminds me of 'Gundam X' and 'Gundam Seed'. I never really got far in both series and the mech designs were certainly not my favorites. 


This one screams 'Astray Gundam'. (my friend likes to call it ashtray gundam) I actually really like the design of the Astray gundam because of its unconventional design but this one takes it to another level and I don't really dig it. I'm really curious to know how other people would react to this design. 


This is certainly 'Gundam Wing' but its wings have been clumped together into the left side of its shoulder and it color scheme echoes 'Gundam Nataku'. I have mixed opinions about this one. I like the idea of customizing 'Gundam Wing' and to some degree I like the design but I really dislike the color scheme. I have nothing against green but it just doesn't seem to work on this Gundam. 


It was interesting to see a Mobile Armor Zaku. In the Gundam series a mobile armor is a type of machine that can transform into an airplane. I don't know why they call it a mobile armor because in my opinion the original mech itself is already a mobile armor. Maybe they were just trying to be fancy with the English. 


This one is shamelessly Gundam X. I never really got into the series but I heard that it has one of the most destructive weapons from the Gundam series. 


This gundam is just cute. I like how its face is just completely out of tune with the Gundam universe. It feels fresh as well as stupid, but it is a stupid that I can except. Hopefully it will offer more than just visual humor. I believe the original mech, before customization was the 'Acguy'.

My favorite designs that the images below. I absolutely love drawings and these drawings are just glorious. They emote so much action and the extreme perspectives show how deeply these designers understand these mechs.







I really like this design. It's kind of goofy, but that is probably why I like it. I've always like centuar-esque half body half something else entities. 


The two images below are my favorites! I absolutely love em! 





I'm not hyped about the series and I don't think I will ever watch the series but looking at Gundam designs is alway good fun for me. Maybe you can share your thoughts about these mechs through this blog.  




Comments

Popular Posts