Small sketchbook sketches of May
When I work with robot designs it seems to make sense to make clearer lines with defined shapes, and water colors seem to translate well when I require accurate color fills, especially when I'm trying to paint over light pencil lines. I really want to work with acrylics, but unfortunately my living circumstances do not allow me to freely use acrylics.
The robots seem to come more naturally as objects that can be designed with shape manipulation such as triangles, squares, rectangles and circles just to start. Sometimes drawing these various shapes and building them up into a robot is a great way to warmup before I start working on a larger project. It is also a great practice to generate creative ideas.
However, there is a negative aspect in this working process. I am limiting myself to flat dimensions and I am technically restraining myself from depicting three dimensionality. I include light in my work, but it is quite limited and it is rarely used. In order to patch up these negatives I have to manipulate lines and shading methods to generate more "texture".
From many of these drawings I generally pick out the ones that I feel would be adaptable in a more colorful environment.








Comments
Post a Comment