Space battle project
I have a new piece that I'm working on. It's a semi large scale space battle between monster forces and robot forces. The general theme is pretty one dimensional, just a two sided melee in space. I made some sketches of possible space carriers and the robots and monsters that are supporting the larger units. Each unit has smaller fighter jet type's.
At first the drawing was going to be a battle between space ships but it slowly evolved into a monsters versus robots theme. Generally speaking there were a lot of blank spaces that had to be filled up, and I thought the best way to fill up those blank areas were to draw smaller units.
I tried to keep the images as two dimensional as possible, because I wanted to keep the charm of the flatness of the image. For some reason I am very stubborn with the two dimensional images because it sets a limit. As an artist it may sound bizarre to set limitations to oneself but for some reason I feel most comfortable with a two dimensional form. (Of course one can argue that even a three dimensional image on a flat piece of paper would still be considered two dimensional, but I am trying to focus on the concept of being flat and not the reality and science behind it.) With a pretty flat image, it sets certain limitations on how I can obscure perspective, and generally it causes a lot of problems. However, the problems are welcoming because it allows me to really work with the limitations and I personally feel like the images tend to have redeeming qualities in the results.





Comments
Post a Comment