Lee Sung Keun Solo Exhibition


Back in March, there was a solo exhibition for an artist called Lee Sun Keun. I wasn't too familiar with this artist but apparently he is a popular Korean artist, who is relevant enough to have his own museum. He uses traditional Korean art mediums, and he seems to be trained in the traditional means in terms of technique, but his approach has a modern, contemporary essence. 

For the opening of this exhibition there were a lot of big wigs, ranging from politicians, mayors and executives of big companies. It brought to light that this artist was a big deal, and the city of Uijeongbu was proud to represent the artist. During this event I had wished I had known more about the artist because I was left under the dim light, and I couldn't feel the full amount of the hype that was being offered. 

Lee Sun Keun, seems to have a pretty versatile skill set ranging from semi-realistic traditional art, stylized traditional art with a modern twist, a little bit of cubism, and purely abstract pieces. He also had a whole pottery collection. I personally liked the pieces with the stylized horses and I also like the pottery pieces with the bonkers looking tigers.  

You can see more of Lee Sung Keun's artwork at:


















































Comments

Popular Posts