Prague Sketchbook - Odysseus



More cartoony stuff starting to appear from my sketchbook. I believe my Prague/Vienna adventure came to an end around this point of the sketch book so really these illustrations are a response(?) to the good vibes that I received from the journey to Europe.

The graphic font on the top right says Odysseus in Korean. I'm really into Greek mythology and the stories that involve Odysseus are some of the best adventure stories. After being in Europe for a week, and also being in Chicago for 5 years, I have started to develop an eye for distinguishing european facial features. I'm not great at it but sometimes I can seem to imagine a face in my head because I've just seen such a variety of faces. Even as an Asian I somehow find Asians much more difficult to render. At least that was how I felt throughout these years, but now that I'm in Korea I'm starting to shift towards a more Asian perspective. It hasn't quite happened in my art yet but it certainly has begun in my social life.

Comments