Sketchbook 2k9 - Jealousy

I like monsters but I believe monsters do not always need to be represented in a beastly form. Sometimes we all possess the ability to bring out the monster within us. I myself believe that I have a horrible beast inside of me that I do not want to show anyone. It is an animal side of me that cannot be controlled once it takes over me, but as a conscious being I always make an effort to control the beast within me. It is not an easy task to do but with patience and thought it can be conquered. But sometimes even the best of us can lose control of the beast and unleash it. This image below is a relationship that has gone sour. The male figure was never in any kind of special relationship with the woman in the background, but he was infatuated by her and he felt unrequited love towards her. Unfortunately it was never communicated so only the mans emotions blossomed while the woman found a suitor. This situation brought the worst out of the man and he decided to commit murder. I was trying to express violence and generally blood is a very good representation of violence, but for this image I wanted to express it without blood. I wanted the viewers to visualize the violence buy looking at the way how the man was holding onto the corpses legs as it it were just an object. It shows the figures brute strength. The disfigured corpse looks as thought it were twisted and bent in to directions that the human body was not designed for. The beholder of this incident in the background can only helplessly watch the murder being committed. 





Comments