Sketchbook 2k9 - Masamune Shirow

Let me be frank. I have no idea what is going on on this image!!! It seems like I cut out the backside of a comic book cover and then I pasted it on my sketchbook. As you can see there is some ghetto tape job involved in the left side of this drawing. The Only part that I am responsible for are the female figure and the female portrait. This was a study(???) on the main character from "Ghost in the Shell" manga. This is not the Mamoru Oshii version, but it is the Masamune Shirow version. I like Masamune Shirow's sexy style. He is very gifted when it comes to representing the female figure,. He can really exaggerate the figure to make them look like manequins. I was studying the manga at this point but I do not know why I grouped this drawing with the background cover of a comic from a different region, with a different style. 



Comments