Sketchbook2k9 - Coat wearing man


When I first designed this character I was planning on creating a scenario where the story would unfold like in the movie "Diehard". I wanted the story to revolve around one building complex and the main character would be the only protagonist who is inside the building. The character was supposed to possess psychic powers that even the character himself doesn't realize until he is abruptly opposed by an unknown military force. I wanted the story to have the facade of a mystery thriller but in essence it was going to be an action heavy story, but I never really put my all into it. I didn't have the appropriate skills to build a story with a solid foundation, especially for a story that has to communicate quite clearly with the viewer. I also have a tendency to abruptly disassociate myself with my own ideas, just because I don't believe that it would quite work. In the end it leaves me with no complete story to really mold around. Up till this day I don't have my own original story that I could proudly present. It's a pity because I really wanted to be a story maker and I really wanted to tell a story using my art, but story telling is an art within itself and I just put my hands up and tell myself that I just don't have the kind of talent to put a story into paper. Sometimes you just have to tell yourself that talent is something that each individual specializes in and if you want to associate your creative talent with their creative talent you have to be willing to accept what you can and cannot do. Not everyone can be an all-star.

Comments