Ambushed!


This time, for my mediums I used pen and ink to draw a nice clean image and then I colored it using water colors. I've been living in a much smaller house (technically it is one room), and living in a small room severely hinders my abilities to use paints and canvases. I would like to work large and use acrylic paints but that may not be happening any time soon. I decided to be slightly less ambitious and work on a smaller scale. I think working smaller would help me put aside large ideas that I cannot yet fathom, because thinking about the larger ideas is not helping me concentrate on my art and it is actually hindering my abilities to move forward. If I were a full time artist then I would think to myself 'why not go big?', but as for now I need to balance out my working life with my creative life, and to be frank, my working life is currently taking up much more of my energy and time. My art making has been down graded into the status of hobby life, and I would like to keep at this hobby until I can make it my living, even if it's going to take me my whole life.

As for now, I've been liking the results of the water color based work. It is far more technical than my acrylic based work and I would say the results lead to a much more illustrated quality but I actually don't mind. I hope you enjoy this piece, and thank you for taking your time to visit my blog! ^^

Comments