NEW WORK - "Robot Profiles"


Robot Profiles
76 x 52 cm
Pen and watercolor on paper


This piece was much more straight forward. There were no need to think about layers or techniques. I just went for a pure illustration. They are all robots that were designed in my sketchbook and then I drew them into the big picture. They are all squished to fit into a format that I had prepared with pencil. After I finished painting the piece I erased the borders around the robots. I must admit the whole idea of the borders came in after I finished drawing the first column. This piece kinda feels unprofessional because of the lack of preparation on my behalf. The results were better than what I expected but the colors don't really pop out. Each robot is drawn directly in pen. I didn't do any underdrawings so there was a certain amount of tension whenever I went in to draw a new robot. There isn't a particular story to this piece. I just wanted it to exist.  


Comments