Hiking In Tai O


I was supposed to meet a friend around the neighborhood over the weekend during my trip in Hong Kong. We were planning to go on a light hike around Lantau island by ourselves, but on the day of the hike there were a fair amount of people that had joined us for our hike. Some of the people there I had recognized because they were from the church group that I had attended quite a while back (nearly 10 years ago now). It was nice because we all remembered each other, and our lives had advanced further since then. Some people got married and some people had kids. It really made me realize how quickly time had flown by. 

The hike was very simple and it wasn't demanding at all. It gave everyone a chance to get some exercise, enjoy(?) the view and share our stories. I met some interesting people but there was a sense of sadness because I had to leave soon. Short meetings with people always leave a sense of emptiness in my soul, but maybe I can meet them again some other time. Also, if it weren't for the darned fog I would have had better photos. Some may think we were in a horror movie. 

The hike took only around 2 hours to finish so I wasn't exhausted afterwards. We topped the event off with a nice local meal around the area and then called it a day. I wish I had taken some photos of the food thought.
















Comments