KAWS: HOLIDAY, In Hong Kong


Some backlog images from the KAWS: HOLIDAY pop up installation(?), sculpture(?). Not sure whats the proper way of describing this inflated balloon thing. 

From what I hear around my surrounding, people seem to dislike KAWS's art work. They think his artwork is too much of a product. I don't disagree with them particularly, but personally I have no strong opinion about KAWS's work. I like some of his stuff, like this inflatable balloon thing, and some of his illustrative paintings. Honestly speaking, I feel like he isn't doing anything too different from guys like Warhol, Koons, Murakami and other artists with factory type art environments. I guess they have business men mentalities? Maybe people don't like their art making business process? Maybe it becomes too impersonal, and a certain special connection is lost. Honestly speaking though, I don't think KAWS work ever felt personal to me, and he is not shy about the fact that his artworks are products, but expensive luxury products.



Comments