Wa Shan Military Road


On the same day that I visited Long Valley I made time for a short hike up a hill that was called Wa Shan Military Road. Before the actual hike I had to grab some food so I stopped by the local super market to grab a quickie meal. After my meal I turned on my GPS device on my mobile phone to search for the exact location of this certain destination. It was about a 20 minute walk to the foot of the mountain, but I didn't have much of a choice except for walking because I was not able to find any information on bus routes. After a fair amount of walking there was still the hike that was left, and honestly I was feeling pretty tired at this point. The actual hike itself was not too difficult, and if I were looking for some exercise this climb would be a great spot to indulge in such activities, but at my current state I just wanted to see the view. 









When I got to one of the peaks I was able to see in the distance a 'cityscape' of sorts. At first I though it was a part of Hong Kong but the architecture did not seem familiar. My GPS indicated that it was actually china, and that from where I was I would be able to get to China by foot, if there were no such things as borders. 

I didn't walk much further that this peak because it was pretty much the highest one out of the multiple humps, and I was pretty satisfied with what I saw. I descended back downhill and then I took a bus back into the city area. I was pretty burnt out by then and all I was able to think about was the journey back home.

The trip was an interesting one because I was not expecting much, but I was more than surprised at the amount of greenery that I was able to capture. I was also pretty amazed to fully realize how close to China Hong Kong really was. I've lived here for a good majority of my life and I had never known the proximity of our distance until this trip. Hopefully the relationship between the two locations will settle down in the near future.  








Comments