Prague Sketchbook - BFA Golem



More of the Golem. This was actually a study I did for a painting. The painting was made for my BFA (Bachelor of Fine Art). When I look back at the painting I feel as though the sketch made a better firs impression compared to the painting. I was not much of a painter during my school days because I was studying to become an animator. In some ways I regret not taking any relevant painting courses because my school was known for its painting department but I didn't take full advantage of it. None the less I have having a lot of fun with my work. The Golem I have depicted is a much more devious entity. The way that it is handling the figures, and the difference in size makes one think of my Golem as a monster of some sort. It is the complete opposite of the spiritual depiction that it is known for.

Comments