Prague Sketchbook - Christ



I myself am Catholic but it has been quite some time since I have been to church. I'm very open about peoples ideas on religion so technically I can't really say that I am a dedicated Catholic but I can't help having a background with it because my parents were both Christians. I've always liked the moral heavy stories that the bible had to offer and of course the influential image of Christ has been etched into a lot of peoples heads. He is quite the icon when it comes to religious figures and the one of him being crucified must be one of the most influential Christian image. When I was in Prague the image of Christ wasn't quite abundant but it's presence was certainly felt in various mediums. They certainly showed into some artwork.

My drawing is a mush more graphic idea of the crucified figure and I thought I was able to express the figures sadness and pain. I especially had fun with the throned crown and the blood. Whenever I look at this piece of work it leaves me saddened because of the helplessness that this figure portrays.

Comments