Prague Sketchbook - Doggy Monsters

The focus on these two pages are monsters. My fascination with monsters stem from my interest in Greek mythological monsters and other various ghastly beings represented by various cultures. The two canine like creatures are a type of monster that I like to draw. The canines jaws have always left a very aggressive impression on me, so whenever I draw monsters I have a tendency to draw elongated jaws. One of the best examples of this would be the goggle eyed dog thing with two horns on its head. 

I drew a canine like beast again right below. The hay stack looking thing was interesting to me because I had a lot of freedom imagining how it would move. I could imagine it slithering around very quickly, like a snake. I was also thinking that this could be a hunting costume and someone is inside it. It would look like quite a threatening costume to go hunting in. 

The human figure right below on the bottom was just really creepy. The way that the head is positioned on its body feels like it wasn't drawn very thoughtfully and it almost seems like the head was an after thought. The shading on the body and the head are not consistent or matching so it separates the two aspects of the drawing but because of this reason it makes the drawing seem creepy. The fact that the head does not 'belong' makes it look other worldly. Also the way that I drew the shadows under the eyes makes his facial expression look really creepy.  







Comments