Prague Sketchbook - Impressionism




I'm a big fan of impressionism and the painting sensibilities and color choices that the movement introduced. I'm not sure which painter I was studying but the image of the person sitting under the shade on the top right image was a Monet painting. I really love Monet's rich, vibrant color choices. It really makes you appreciate the artists understanding of light. I'm no impressionist and I do not have the  ability nor practice to even attempt an impressionist painting but there is a strong urge inside of me that wants to be able to understand light at Monet's level. I use acrylics and I sometimes feel the limits of acrylics and the potency of its colors. As an artist one should never blame his medium one sometimes one realizes the limits of his mediums and has to ponder about it. I've been planning on playing around with some oils, because I have used oils before, but I'm just not a big fan of turpentine and the type of chemicals that has to be used to aid the painting process. It always leaves me feeling really sick. Acrylics have a bunch of mediums that can be used to aid the paintings so I've been getting into experimenting with the mediums as well.

Comments