Sketchbook 2k9 - Infinite Monkey Bars

This piece is a drawing that went through some cutting and pasting before it was considered done. This type of collage drawing with heavy graphite mediums was actually a process that my friend from school excelled in. I was trying to imitate his style and I believe I did so pretty successfully, because now that I am looking back at this drawing I can clearly see the resemblance. 

If you look closely at the black pillar there is a figure on top of it. He is the figure on the very left side of the page. The large trail is a extremely long path, but this is not your average path. You have to use your arms. The trail is actually an elongated monkey bar path. Only the ones with the fittest arms could swing across this trail. It's actually quite frightening because the figure is very high up in the sky. One slip and he will fall to his death. 


Comments