Unrequited




Here is a new piece! This time it's not a robot and it's a monster piece. Unlike the others, where there is only one monster, this painting has two figures on it. Wow! (I hope ya'll sensed the sarcasm)
I'm actually paying hommage to some of Picasso's prints where within the frame there is a monster and a female figure. I can't remember too clearly but I think it's supposed to be themed on rape, but I can be so wrong when it comes down to art history... My interpretation of this monster and girl subject isn't themed on rape but it is about a relationship that isn't working out and it never will. That's about the best I want to describe it but I'm sure others may think differently.

I had finished this a week or so ago but as always, I wanted to add more STUFF on it. I just couldn't call it done. I had to sit and just look and think. After a while I just decided to myself that it may be healthier to move onto the next painting. (This is what I would like to tell one of my subjects in this painting. Poor guy.)

I had a lot of fun with this piece because I was able to experiment with a bunch of new mediums. I had some matte and gloss mediums, and I used some retarder. The retarder was great when I was using this super dry, crappy black paint that I bought for real cheap. I also bought some fluorescent powder base. You can use gel medium to give the paste some life and then add some modeling paste for texture. Modeling paste is a god sent material in my opinion. I absolutely love it!







Comments