Sketchbook2k9 - Dragonball Fan Art

Here we are. This is just shameless fan art of Son Goku and Vegeta, the two characters who are practically the very foundation of the series. I grew up being endeared by their rivalry and I loved their love and hate relationship. Vegeta would be his arrogant self being the prince of the Saiyan's and all but Goku would show him otherwise. This power struggle between the two would be consistent throughout the series but everyone who watched the series knows that Son Goku always turns out to be better. In my opinion Goku was a really boring character. Earlier in the series when he is a child he was really cute and charming but as he grew up he just ended up being a Homer Simpson type character. Vegeta on the other hand was like Tetsuo from "Akira". He always has something to prove but yet he always gets the short end of the stick and he is constantly humiliated by the stronger opponent. For some reason the Vegeta complex is a very entertaining psychological state of mind. There is so much pride involved and to some people their pride means everything. Imagine being the proudest individual out there who has proven everyone around them and then received bragging rights, and then some unknown schmuck  just appears and then out does you. It would leave that proud individual devastated! I'm not much of a Vegeta when it comes to personality. I would say between the two I am more of a Goku because I can be very irrational which leads me to making stupid decisions. It would be great to share these two characteristics. 




Comments