Fantasy Art

Concept art work leading to nowhere but myself. Stuff like this float around in my head and it kind of gets pooped out. These drawings don't really lead anywhere but I posted them just because they exist. 



I really like Yoshitaka Amano's style and I suppose, subconsciously, I tried to emulate his style. Maybe even downright copy it almost shamelessly! 


Shame!

Just be class I will say that I was "Influenced!". 



I see David Bowie.



I'm not a big fan of fantasy art but I do like illustrating the realm of the fantastic. I supposed I'm kind of contradicting myself when I write this because obviously when you draw fantasy you are making fantasy art. By not liking fantasy art, I am trying to say that I am not interested in a specific kind of fantasy art. 

Here are some of the examples of fantasy art that I do not find much interest in. 




They are pretty and in terms of technique they really are fantastic, but I just can't find anything original. If there is any kind of fantasy art that I do appreciate is some of Frank Frazetta's work, but even amongst his work I am quite picky. I really like his drawings more than his paintings. 


This is one of the Frank illustrations that I appreciate. 


Comments