OSKUNK

Very cool artist, OSKUNK.

I found out about this artist after I was browsing through Kotaku's website. There was an interesting article about the now defunct Dreamcast, but an artist called OSKUNK has been making some really cool modified Dreamcast's via graffiti art. I browsed through the artists collection of work and he has some interesting selection of work. He is very well versed in the media and the subject matter that he depicts through his art are right up my alley. He has an engaging mix of video game and movie references that have been redesigned to fit the graffiti genre, and his artwork are mainly depicted on canvas based art, sculptures and modified video game consoles.

The pieces that really stand out in my opinion at first are the canvas pieces where he uses graffiti text to depict an image of an existing product, may it be shoes or characters related to the media. The second on the list are his toy sculptures. It seems as though he paints over an existing product, basically modifying it's original form. The third, which are my favorite, are the modified video game consoles. My favorite ones being the Dreamcast consoles.

If I were a gallery owner, these select pieces below would have been exhibited by me.












Comments