ZIZY



ZIZY. I don't know if I should call him an artist or a hobbyist, but nonetheless ZIYI is talented and you can certainly see that from his mech designs. ZIYI uses the most conventional LEGO pieces to create the most unconventional and awesome mechs. To be frank I haven't touched LEGO's in a long time and I had no idea LEGO's were producing such interesting pieces to work with. Generally, for me, LEGO's were little blocks of squares, rectangles and a variation of cylindrical and triangular pieces, but as we can see from some of ZIYI's LEGO mechs there are many more interesting LEGO pieces that one can work around.

What's most interesting is that ZIYI can willingly use these LEGO pieces, that generally restricts the user to create pretty immobile creations, to create very versatile and mobile mechs. Now, like I said, I am in no ways knowledgable when it comes to LEGO, and I wouldn't be surprised to know that there are pretty technical LEGO products out that are being merchandised. Still, for someone who is so unskilled in handling LEGO's, my mind is blown away by how easy ZIYI makes this task seem to be. Designing a symmetrical mech can be pretty demanding even when you are using a pencil and paper to depict it, but yet ZIYI is able to use limited and restricted shapes to create a very modern robot that is a pleasure to look at. I am truly moved by this LEGO builders ability. I can see many of my future mech designs being influenced by ZIYI.

ZIYI's flikr album link

ZIYI's Blog

Some of his LEGO designs are very cleverly concealed so you may not even believe that he was using LEGO pieces unless you look very carefully.

















Comments