Sacrifices

People talk about this word a lot. Sacrifice. Sacrifice is a word that is used when something has to be put aside, or completely given away for the sake of something better. Everyone has their priorities, and sacrifices have to be made in order for people to satisfy their priorities. People sacrifice their freedom for the sake of their children, people sacrifice themselves for their loved ones, people may even sacrifice their freedom for the sake of financial security, and they are all pretty legitimate reasons for one to sacrifice their lively hood for.

At some point in our lives we all have to make sacrifices, including me! The most recent sacrifice that I made was the sacrifice of spending less time meeting friends. I love my friends and the people that surround my life, but for the sake of making art I felt that this choice that I made was a sacrifice that was worth making. It was a selfish decision, and at the same time it was a very difficult decision because I was clinging onto the idea that being a socialite, and managing my relationship with my friends as a priority. I must admit though, it was not the most comfortable feeling. Having to make art or having to meet my friends are very important aspects of my life, yet giving one up really makes me stop and wonder. The more I grow up, the more I realize that time is ever so finite and it cannot be wasted on anything not worth pursuing. I for one felt guilty for categorizing meeting friends and chilling with them as wasted time, but in order to deepen the quality of my own life and my own values I thought it was a choice worth taking. In the end, if the life that I live is worth it, then I feel as though that my output would be just as worth it, for my friends and for me.

I'm no preacher, my opinions are my own, and what I say are not for others to dwell on. All I want is for everyone to love themselves and the qualities that they have within them. Hope ya'll find something awesome one day!

Comments