Bangario (unfinished)


Bangario
19 x 28
Pencil and watercolor

This piece right here is unfinished because I've been wanting to add some acrylic paint onto this piece. I had pre-sketched this piece in my sketchbook and I really liked the design of this robot's profile. I really wanted the drawing lines to pop up because the sketch was done in pen, but this final product was drawn using pencil. The pencil line was much too weak.

Bangario reminds me of some sort of powerful protagonist in the realms of robot leaders. Maybe along the same pedigree as an Optimus prime or Gaogaigar's. The diamond shape on its forehead resembles a Gundam forehead antennae. For some strange reason, ever since the forehead antennae  had been introduced to the anime industry, it is almost inevitable that the main characters main robot will somehow include a forehead antennae. Historically, it does resemble the Japanese samurais helmet, and aesthetically the forehead antennae gives the design some kind of regal influence.

Comments