Self Manbot


I like how this one turned out better than the previous one. I think filling in areas with color is a tad too lame for my taste. I like this kinetic style more, as I can work with layers. I can also make this illustration lean closer to abstract line making qualities. I haven't been able to work with layers for a while because I've been limiting myself to water color paints. Of course, you CAN work in layers with water color paints as long as you start light and then work yourself up to the darker tones, but this is not what I am trying to achieve. I would rather have the flexibility to completely go over areas with any color that I please without having to worry about mistakes. Watercolors make me work far too carefully and far too graphically. Nothing wrong with precision, but sometimes I just don't have the patience.

Comments