Train manbot


I recently bought a nice portable sketchbook. Usually I buy large sketchbooks, but as of recent most of my larger pieces have been done on quality paper. I actually realized how much I love portable sketchbooks compared to the un-portable ones, because I can make sketches on the fly.

I was in the metro and I saw a man who was taking a nap. I thought it was a good opportunity to sketch him. (I'm a shy guy and I have difficulty sketching people who are aware of what I am doing. Also I don't like making eye contact with strangers...) I'm nor particularly happy with the outcome of this colored version. I did like the man's facial structure and I kind of turned him into a robot. It did feel strange to be forcibly turning someones face into a robotic structure. It made me feel like I was the master of some sort of dystopian robotic race who captures humans and turn them into cyborgs. Sometimes I wonder if our lives will be improved if we did turn ourselves into cyborgs, as long as we are guaranteed to keep our souls.

Comments