Ambient Anime Scenes

Anime doesn't resonate as much to me now. It seems as though the changes that have taken place within the trend of anime is beyond my reach. Contemporary anime is not far different from what it was before and cool stuff still grab my interest, but the subject matter and the way that it is presented has changed for the better or worse. Youth may have had a large impacted on how I absorbed anime and I am no longer a teenager who watched everything and anything without a filter. Now I am more picky and skeptical with my approach. Even so, I'm not posting this to critique the current state of anime. I just really want to share with you guys the beauty of the world of Mamoru Oshii (Director) and Kenji Kawai (Composer). They bring out such an eerily ambient and almost religious atmosphere in a world of decadence and cyberpunk. This was how I defined anime back in the 80's and 90's. 


Patlabor 2


Ghost In The Shell




Ghost In The Shell



Ghost In The Shell 2




Comments