Sketchbook 2k15 page 92


The Korean text on this piece loosely translates to, "Fuck Off". The character that I pasted on to the paper is a character called 'Heidi', from the animated cartoon 'Heidi, Girl of the Alps'. I actually only watched a few episodes of Heidi when I was a kid, but it never really interested me too much so I never gave it much attention. This franchise, however, is a very recognized brand and the characters from this animation seemingly pops up from it's 40-ish year old slumber every so often, and sucks the money out of dedicated fans. 

The only Heidi related material that I actually like are these two bizarre videos from land of Youtube.



This one is a parody of the cartoon by live actors, filmed for some kind of Japanese comedy program. 





This one below are a collection of sketches, or mini clips, parodying the Heidi Franchise. It's supposed to be some kind of advertisement from Nissan, the Japanese car manufacturing brand. This one doesn't have the translated subtitles but it's about Heidi trying to figure out the meaning behind this one Japanese word 'Tenenpi'. I think it's supposed to be advertising environmentally friendly cars... It's really bizarre and it has that strange kind of alternative comedic approach that kind of grows on you. 


Comments