Kinkakuji Temple


Kinkakuji was one of the places that I wanted to visit the most when I was in Kyoto. It was located on the upper western area of Kyoto so I had to take a different train route from eastern Kyoto. This was one of the key destinations for most tourists in Kyoto so I was expecting a large crowd, but quite surprisingly, the amount of people that were present did not prevent you from absorbing the calm serenity that the scenery has to offer. It was also really abstract seeing a gold plated structure in the middle of a large garden, emanating a sense of fantasy. 

Unfortunately, as hyped as this location is, and by all means it's totally worth a visit, it was a very uneventful area. There wasn't much to see except for the golden temple so I'm guessing most people would end up spending less than 30 minutes around here. 













Comments