Tenmangu Shrine


Kitano Tenmangu Shrine was one of the side quests that I went on because I had a bit of time to spare. This temple was interesting because there was a lot of temple activity with people wearing traditional clothing and a handful of horses and a bull. From looking at the banners, there was going to be some kind of a ritual march. 

This temple was memorable not because of the temple itself, which is beautiful, but it was memorable because I had stopped by to have a snack in a small okonomiyaki store. In that store there was a really nice lady and a handful of middle school students, and when they realized that I was of Korean nationality one of the middle school girls wanted to take a photo with me. It was a cute little moment, and it had me thinking of my childhood days, carefree and bashful. 








Comments