Umeda HEP Five


Umeda was a pretty busy area with lots of commuters due to the many transfer stations located around Osaka station which is located right here. The most interesting sight seeing activity for me was the HEP Five department store Ferris wheel. It was a bizarre spectacle, to be able to see a huge structure that one would see in a theme park, and then seeing it in the middle of a city. It was an interesting sight to see. 

There was barely anyone getting on the Ferris wheel so I was able get on the ride without any delay. The Ferris ride was surprisingly thrilling because there was a strong sense of height. I kept imagining to myself what would happen if my compartment had decided to fall off right below, where all of the stores were. 

The view from the Ferris wheel wasn't very interesting, and personally I would just go to an observatory for a better view. The Ferris wheel was something that I would only ever do once, but it would be a nice place to come back for a date, or with your kids.  




As you enter the HEP five department store you are greeted by a gigantic whale sculpture, hanging ominously above you. I don't know if this was welcoming or rather frightening, but nonetheless it was quite memorable. 















The night view of the Ferris wheel was pretty, and I can imagine the view from above, inside the Ferris wheel, would have been interesting as well. 


The Yodobashi building was a structure that focused on sales of electronic goods.

Comments