Korea Character Licensing Fair 2018



My friend invited me to visit the Korea licensing fair. Of course, if he had never invited me I would have never even thought about going to this fair. My god was I overwhelmed, because I was not expecting so much merchandise and media. It took me a good three hours just to briefly browse through the whole convention. I could imagine some people spending their whole day there. 

I went to the convention on a Wednesday, but it was still a pretty packed convention. Mothers were surveying the convention area, picking up freebies and attending to their carefree children; the children were busily being distracted by their multicolored, loud, tangible surroundings. I could only image how disgustingly packed this convention would have been on a weekend. 

Just by stepping into the exhibition you could tell that the big boys were here. There were giant, colossal, colorfully decorated booth with multiple contents to look at and purchase. You could just tell that the parents were anxiously reaching for their wallets, trying to please their children, all the while the merchants eyes were morphing into dollar symbols. 

I was able to have my first VR (virtual reality) experience, and I must admit it was quite a blast. I must also admit that when you are wearing the VR gear you are somewhat oblivious of your surrounding, and by the time you take off your gear you realize that you have been flailing your arms around like an idiot, and a crowd of people have been watching you perform at your expense... But, it was all fun and games. I wouldn't be surprise if in the near future, every household with a gaming console may have some kind of VR peripheral. 

There were also various events on stage with popular local internet celebrities performing. You would be amazed at how much influence these people have on your kids. Kids were screaming and flailing their hands like little drunk people, just so they could participate in some of the activities. 

Overall, the event was a blast, but it's not something that I would come back to. Maybe when I have my own kids I would consider coming back, but I would need to make sure I have a good amount of money saved up cause I have a feeling that my wallet would run dry. To be honest though, there was a part of me that wished to be a child again, just so I could experience what it would be like to be attending an event like this. I would have peed my pants.  













































































Comments