Hong Kong Wetland Park


After wondering how much longer it would take for me to reach the wetland park; I was here at last. The strangeness of the random Tin Shui Wai area was thrown out of the window when compared to this area, because of it's well kept family style atmosphere. It was a nicely furbished area with a fair amount of nature to please the eyes. It wasn't the raw kind of nature, but the kind that had a nice haircut; An unnatural representation of nature, but what does a city boy know about what is true nature, right? 😜 (Just figured out that you can add emojis to your blog posts...)

The wetland overall was not a very large area, and you didn't have the freedom to roam around freely, as you had to stay along the path. The linear restrictions did not damper the experience in any way, because much of the surrounding was water, and without the man made bridge ways it would have been difficult to enjoy the vistas. 

Being a wetland, there were a fair number of stork like birds perched afar, and you could see them through telescopes that were installed in indoor resting station type areas. The kids were totally hogging the telescopes, so poor me could not bully the kids away, especially since their parents were satelliting around them. 😆 When there were telescopes available, I was able to observe the birds from afar, and interestingly they were doing absolutely nothing. I was getting tired of their statue like status, so I quickly lost interest and decided to move onto the next wetland area. 

The area was small, so I wasn't able to spend much time here; About an hour was enough to suffice. The food pic that I uploaded is down at the end of this post, but I actually ate it the moment I came into the wetland park. It was your general sauce and rice combination; Hong Kong style. 





















Comments