Mount Davis hike


I took a friend with me on this hike, but I felt like I let him down. The hike was not long, but the entrance was quite difficult to find. Considering that it was supposed to be a tourist attraction, it was not the most inviting place. It took us about an hour to find the entrance, and then it took us about an hour and a half to make it up to the peak. The forts were not well preserved so they looked more like abandoned structures, and there was no real view at the end of the hike, so I felt like I missed out on a treat. Usually when I go on a hike I would like to see at least a nice view, but there was no eye candy today. The most interesting part of the hike were the abandoned housing units, and we also came across some guys wearing world war 2 style costumes. They seemed like uniforms that soldiers would wear back then. My friend and I were a bit taken back, because its quite uncommon to come across cos-players up on a mountain. 

All in all, this hike for me was a bust. It wasn't really worth the time, but for people living around the area, this place could make for a nice exercise and picnic spot. 






Comments