Random Rant

I haven't had much of a voice in a while, mainly because I don't like being too public with my opinions or voices. However it's difficult keeping your voice only to yourself when things around you are not working out. Sometimes I just want to climb up a mountain and scream out loud.

The last 2 years in Korea had been a pretty harrowing experience, with plans and expectations not really getting a chance to develop, and then eventually having to leave the country due to Military and immigration reasons. I was hoping for an improvement after returning to Hong Kong, but to my dismay it has not been that much better.

I have been back in Hong Kong for about 7 months, and during these 7 months I have not been able to settle down on a secure job. I've jumped around from being a gallery assistant, cashier/server, and even a small training stint at a hotel. During these experiences I met really good people who I consider to be great friends, and my social network has been very kind and thoughtful towards me which I am thankful for.

But, as you may know, Hong Kong has been undergoing through a lot of political turmoil, with riots happening more often than not, and violent clashes among protesters and policemen. There are many levels of society suffering from these clashes. There are people trying to avoid conflict and live honest lives, there are people trying to protect their families, there are people angry about the economic situation, Triads, corrupt police, honest police, politicians that were not voted for democratically, on and on and on. The list is endless and eventually all of these layers of problems are starting to spill over.

As of now I have been given an offer as a teaching assistant as an art technician. This is a job that I feel like is the best possible job that I could have at the moment, because it is actually something that I am interested in pursuing, but with the current political situation in Hong Kong has me worried about long term plans. 

Anyways, I had to let out this rant somewhere.

Thanks for listening.

Comments