Peng Chau


I feel like I've been here before. Somewhere in my memory I feel like this was an area that I had visited before, but then again there are various locations in Hong Kong; especially the outlying islands around Hong Kong that look kind of like what you may be seeing in the photos. 

I was not a difficult place to visit, but it still took two modes of transport to get to. I took a bus to Discovery Bay, from Tung Chung, and then I took a ferry to Peng Chau. At least I took a ferry that I thought was going to Peng Chau, but somehow ended up back in a different area of Tung Chung... Besides this slight side trip it was not a very difficult place to get to. The internet says you can take a ferry from the Central ferry pier as well, so that might be an easier option for those who are not too familiar with Tung Chung. 

It was a great weekend getaway where you can spend an hour or two away from the city, and just hang out around a small country vibe. What made this trip extra special for me was the fact that you could rent bikes. I love bike riding, and I have been an avid biker even when I was in Korea. I was not doing the road biking stuff, but it was great to have a bike around when there was a fair amount of walking distance. The bike riding up the mini hills, and then cruising down then while catching the magnificent view of the ocean is something that really grabs you by your heart strings. 

Honestly the trip was much shorter that I had expected, so I was a little disappointed by that fact, but it really didn't damper my experience or weekend at all. It would be great to bring your family or loved ones here for a lazy afternoon; walking around the beaches, grabbing afternoon tea, and then heading back home just as the sun starts to set.   












Comments