Biking from Tai Po Market to Tai Mei Tuk


This was a trekking course that I was familiar with from a few years back, when I was visiting Hong Kong for a bit. Now that I have been back in Hong Kong for long, I decided it would be wise to spend my time exploring the nooks and crannies around Hong Kong. Plover Cove, and Tai Mei Tuk being one of them. 

Last time I came to Tai Po was probably a few years ago, when I was visiting Hong Kong from Korea, but now that I was anchored in Hong Kong, there was not as much weight to it. I went to a bike shop that I had found on google and acquired a bike for about 5 USD. It was a pretty fair price, and I was able to use it all day.

If I had arrived earlier I would have been able to take advantage of the time slot, but I had arrived sometime in the afternoon because of my part time job during the weekend, so I had to push my schedule back a bit. It didn't matter too much because I was pretty prepped. Even though I preferred to spend most of my morning time doing most of the exploring, I didn't mind doing some of the exploring during the afternoon schedule. 

The last time I was here, I was walking. Now, I was renting a bike  It was great to be on a bike because I was able to locate areas much faster than I would have on foot, and I was happy to be on a vehicle that cut down on time and fatigue. I had never know about Tai Mei Tuk until a Google search, and the decision to visit the place was well worth it. I'm not a family man, but I would still recommend my friends with children to visit this area. It is a quaint little place, but the amount of fun one could have in this area is quite recommendable.  

























Comments