Great Weather! Hiking Around The Neighborhood With Dad


Considering Hong Kong being a warm country with lots of sun, it is also a pretty gloomy place with a lot more fog and haze. The humidity and the added layer of pollution really makes it difficult to have a clear weather day, so when one of these rare occasions ever do so happen, especially during a public holiday, why not take advantage of it. 😀

At first I was not planning on hiking, and I was thinking about going on a jog, but the weather was just too nice, and I wanted to go out to take some photos. I wanted to get some nice landscape pictures, so I decided to go hiking around my neighborhood mountain. I think I went on this hike sometime last year, maybe, but this time I had invited my dad to come along with me.

It was a nice casual hike, but the course that we took had a lot of stairs, so it was pretty demanding of our legs. The view from up top however was spectacular, and we couldn't have asked for more. We ended up at Ngong Ping, which is a pretty popular tourist destination in Tung Chung, Lantau Island, where we live. Due to the Corona virus there were not much people at all. We walked over to the temple which is known to serve goo vegetarian food, and we got some snacks from the cafeteria. I wish I had taken some photos of the food, but I'm not much of a foodie so I always forget to take pictures of the food that I eat. It was mostly dessert type food, but it was very affordable and really tasty.

We started around 8:30 and finished around noon, so it was a good way to spend time during the afternoon. We took the bus back home, and I took a quick nap. It was a day well spent.







































Comments