Akira 4K HD Full Screen Cinema Screen Viewing


This was honestly the best way to watch Akira. Full screen cinema screen. Even if it was grainy and non digitally remastered, I would most probably still have enjoyed it. The best part of this viewing was the sound. I had no idea how effective the sound and music was until I heard it in full effect. The rhythmic, tribal drumming kept my heart racing all the way through the movie. Sometimes it was so loud where it almost made me jump from my seat.😂 

The beginning of the movie, during the motorcycle scene, where you get a great panning shot of Neo Tokyo is just one of the most wonderful things you could see on screen. Watching those gigantic buildings in motion was equivalent to seeing large paintings in museums and art galleries. You could really see the colors, brush strokes, details and maybe even the mistakes. Just to put things into perspective these hand drawn backgrounds are A4 to about A3 in size. They are meticulously hand painted, analog materials which are magnified in scope, through the lens of the camera. 

I invited a friend with me to watch Akira, and he had never seen it before. After watching the film he was very impressed by the film. I almost felt jealous that this was his first introduction to this film, because he got the maximum presentation to the franchise. He also pointed out how the film reflected on our current socioeconomic and political affairs, and how contemporary Katsuhiro Otomo, the director was.

If you are in Hong Kong, I truly recommend this film. 






Comments