Cheung Chau


 A week of good weather was a blessing that I tried my best to take advantage of, but alas the rainy days returned to Hong Kong.

Earlier in the morning, when I was playing basketball it was cloudy, but it wasn't raining. I was hoping that it would just be a cloudy day because considering the grayness of the skies, the field of depth was still pretty clear. Of course once I got off the from the ferry ride to get here it immediately started to rain.

After about a 30 minute break the rain started to ease up, and I was able to start moving again. 


I followed along the waterfront just so I could get a better view of the ocean. There were a lot of boats shipped around the harbor, a classic Hong Kong staple.












After an easy 15 minute hike I was able to get to the top of one side of the island. It's not a high incline, but it does give you a nice vantage point.








The image above was the view that I wanted to see. It was one that I saw on the internet, but I was unable to find it on any of the tourist maps. I had to sense my way there if any of that nonsense makes sense to anyone. I got to the highest part of this private establishment area, and it seemed like the view would pop up somewhere, but it never did, even when I got to the top. There was a pavilion, but there was no view. However there was an off road that had been tread on multiple times, and you could tell because of the lack of grass. I had to push through some branches and a few spiderwebs but it was well worth it. I had my 'AH-HA' moment when I reached a furnace type looking brick object, and there were stairs conveniently attached to it. That was the vantage point, but it wasn't the most obvious one. It was either a well kept secret, or a spot reserved only for the most ardent fan. I wouldn't say I was a fan, but it was well worth the view.




 I was hoping the weather would ease up again after today, but I had cursed it by not knocking on wood. We had like a week of continuous rain. Poor weather is what I dread the most when I apply for vacation days.

Comments