Sketchbook 2022 Page 14


 The inspiration to do this sketch came from the 'Cinderalla' poster below. I think what really grabbed my attention was the pink text and yellowish white background. I was much more focused on trying to do something interesting with the text, because with most of my sketchbook drawings I am limited to only my biro pen. 





I wasn't too happy with the results because I felt like the piece lacked impact. I enjoyed adding the anime character portrait aspect, but I felt like I was not able to deliver with the graphic texts. I feel like it should have been at least three times larger so that the canvas could feel fuller. As of now the background feels too blank for my liking. In the end it was still good to get it off my chest. I would rather it be attempted than to just be a thought.

Comments